Target shooting is among the safest of sports. Taking a few precautions will allow the entire family to safely enjoy shooting. Enroll your youngsters in a local training class so they will learn the correct way to handle firearms. Follow a few basic Rules of Safe Gun Handling and Enjoy a day shooting.
Ten Good Rules of Safe Gun handling
1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction
2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use
3. Don't Rely On Your Gun's "Safety"
4. Be Sure Of Your Target And What's Beyond It
5. Use Correct Ammunition
6. If Your Gun Fails To Fire When The Trigger Is Pulled, Handle With Care!
7. Always Wear Eye And Ear Protection When Shooting
8. Be Sure The Barrel Is Clear Of Obstructions Before Shooting
9. Don't Alter Or Modify Your Gun, And Have Guns Serviced Regularly
10. Learn The Mechanical And Handling Characteristics Of The Firearm You Are Using